Thursday, May 28, 2009

Thinking Back


I went riding my bike up the canyon. Now you need to know, it has been since last August with the bike accident and all that I was on my bike. So, I put it in the trunk of my car and drove it to Will's Pit Stop then rode it up to Vivian Park and back to the car and drove it home. Trying to avoid automobiles and traffic, and rides in ambulances!
While riding I decided to turn off the iPod and just let the mind wander as the shadows of the trees and shrubs flashed around me. My mind went to my childhood and I started thinking of different experiences and fond memories. I guess being unemployed made me think of days when the only responsibilities I had was to make sure I was home for dinner and to wash my hands before we ate! With the smell of the outdoors I also thought of how much time we spent in the creek by our house, and all the bike rides up to Stevens Creek Dam. Before I knew it I was back from my ride and ready to jump back to reality, and looking for work. Ugh.
A picture of Carl, me and David when life easy!

2 comments:

Jason said...

Are you the one without a shirt?

Ty Lyman said...

I won't guess who you are, but thanks so much for coming to the temple on the 26th. I'm grateful you were jobless that day. Thank you for all you've done for us by the way. I didn't get a chance to thank you before we left. You've helped us grow so much. Thanks again. Your a very neat and special person to beable to do what you do.