Sunday, December 21, 2008

One In, 4 Out

I went to the orthopedist last week to look at my shoulder. He said he wanted to give me a shot of cortisone. The only cortisone I ever had was back 26 years ago when I had poison oak so bad I was a huge puff of itchy rashness. He had a student with him so I was on stage. He marked the spot then poked the needle in, moved till he found the spot he wanted, then sunk it in. Man, I was really hurting for a few days. It's not so bad today. I have to wait 4-6 weeks and if it's not better he wants to scope it and clean it out! Ugh.
Chantel got her 4 wisdom teeth pulled out on Friday. It is so hilarious to see the patients in the back recovery area, wasted and dazed. Chelsea sat back there sobbing, Chantel was just wasted and rubbery. It was classic trying to get her coat on and then walking her to the car! She repeated 50 times that she counted to 15 or 5 or 10. She was funny.
I had to almost carry her to the door. She was freaking out about so many things, but remembers nothing.
I should have videotaped her! I could always use a little blackmail material.

1 comment:

Jason said...

Yeah, I don't remember the day I had my wisdom teeth removed. I think it was the day BYU played Colorado State in football...and the game was in Australia. 1987 to be exact.