Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Year and Such

So it's 6 degrees outside right now! Holy cow!
Anyway, for Christmas Eve we went to Carl's house. Ivette made lovely yummy pulled pork and we had sandwiches and other foods. It was a blast. It is fun to hang out with the Snyder's. Of course we played Sequence. Man the women cheat when we play! Carl put on some home movies from quite a few years ago. Wow! I love the color of the clothes. We also looked at some old pictures, too. We made it home and got Christmas all ready to go, well, Teresa did; I went to bed at 11:30. I just couldn't take it anymore. I was up early in the morning mainly because 6 am is a huge sleep-in for me. The girls all got up by 8 and we opened gifts. We scaled it back this year, but it was fine. The main thing was hanging out together and thinking about the Savior. I am going through Christmas music with drawl! I love it. Oh well.
It has been pretty wild with all the snow this year! November didn't have anything and you start to wonder if it ever will snow, but holy cow we got a lot.
New Years Eve day I woke with a huge pustule thing sticking out of my gum above a tooth that I have had problems with- I had a root canal done on it a couple years ago. Well, back in October it started hurting. How does a tooth with no nerves hurt?! I go to the dentist, he takes x-rays and then tells me I need to go to the endodontist. He tells me the root is cracked all the way up and that I have infection all around it. Swell. And I need to have it extracted! So, I took some antibiotics and let it be, until last week. I poked the thing on my gum and let it drain, then called the dentist where Chantel had her wisdom teeth taken out. They had me come right over and yanked it out. Man, I feel like a hobo.
The Wakefield's had New Years Eve plans, so we went with them, the Clegg's, and Hatch's out to eat, which I really couldn't do, then we went back to the Wakefield's to play games. The Grover's and Christensen's came over, too. We laughed real hard that night about the jockstrap that I got for a white elephant gift. (I want to hot glue some bobble eyes on it and make a puppet out of it.)
You know, I hate staying up late.
And Dick Clark, bless his heart, just shouldn't be on TV anymore. I had a little vomit come up in my mouth when he was kissing some lady at midnight. Oye.
I managed a 42:03 for 6 miles on the treadmill. If only I could get that outside! Jayton and I ran around the outside track at the baseball fields. It wasn't too bad, but I prefer not to run over the ice and slush.
Abby turned 14. That is really weird, but it is amazing seeing her not looking like a little girl anymore; she is looking older and more younger woman looking.
Jayton took me over to the mall to look for some jeans. We must have looked very gay; two guys talking about pants, and no one should ever hear another man say, "I want to see you in these."
So, I will try and stay updated more often. December is always hectic with all the concerts, parties, and church stuffs.
I will get some pictures up soon, too.
Oh, since last January I am down almost 20 pounds! It's amazing!

2 comments:

Serena said...

lol we don't cheat!! we are just simply more intelligent at sequence than the men are.....

Jason said...

Down 20 pounds? You're going to fly away in the wind.

Yeah, Dick Clark should call it good. I could not believe was I was seeing last week. It's like he has the steely gaze of a zombie.

And speaking of gays, interesting story about shopping for jeans. :)