Saturday, July 25, 2009

Staycation


I know what you're thinking, "What the crap are the Snyder's doing on vacation when he doesn't even have a job?!" Well, back a couple years ago, when I finished the MBA program, my former employers gave me a gift certificate to use at the Homestead Resort in Midway. We didn't go and didn't go and got an extension on it. Then I got hit by a car and all, so we still didn't use it. And the final extension was up at the end of this month, so we decided since we didn't get to go on a family vacation, we'll take everyone on a "stay"cation, you know, nice and close to home. The funny thing is since it was a 3 day trip, we didn't plan too well- we got there and Teresa asks "Do you have any cash?" "No. Do you?" "No." Huh. I forgot a razor, deodorant, etc. The best was when it was the only MALE on the trip running in to Heber to buy feminine products! "Did you find everything you need?" "Heck if I know!"
It was fun hanging out together and having a relaxing time. The girls enjoyed the swimming pool, tennis, and shopping up in Park City. We went into the crater to see about swimming in it. Ugh, the water is over 90 degrees and it was sweaty and humid in there. Plus the dude working there was a bit jerky, so no thanks.
What we had to laugh at was the restaurant there; man it was expensive! And the dinners just weren't that good. We laughed that Madalyn's "Kids Menu" burger was just as big as ours AND she got fries, fruit and a drink with hers. The breakfast menu was awesome, though. Both mornings Teresa and I had the Banana Granola Pancakes. Yum.
I even did a run on Friday morning. A lady on her bike said, as she rode by, "You are a strong runner!" Yeah, wait till you see me running uphill, then we'll get your opinion! Anyway, it was a fun getaway.
Chelsea, Abby, Madalyn and I saw the latest Harry Potter movie this morning at 8 AM (Abby volunteers at the SCERA, so we all got to go for free). It was a fun movie. I still refuse to read the books.
Oh, the trailer for New Moon was playing. Gosh, you'd think they could get some acting lessons for Belle... "Oh, papercut." Wow! Feel the emotion!!! Shoulda let that vampire drain her, Edward.

2 comments:

Raymond said...

Hey Snyder,

How the heck are you? You have been busy. You know, losing your job, getting run over, etc. Anyway, I love your website. You have got some great postings. Be careful though as you may get labelled as a right wing extremist who is dangerous.

Take care,

Raymond Boyer in Prosser, WA

Ty Lyman said...

"stay"cations are the best. Family makes it all the better. We miss being home, it's just not the same here. "Our" ward is very unique and blessed. I'm learning that we had something to truly treasure.