Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Birthday Suit




Last week was my birthday. It was also the week we were moving into our new church building. I had moved the bishop's office stuff to the new office and was kind of hanging out there when there was a knock on the door. The Wakefield's and Frandsen's had come by and had brought me a gift; a new suit! (It was on sale at Mr. Mac) They made me put it on and only the pants needed alterations! I was so excited! You see, over the last while I have lost some weight and my suits don't fit like they once did. In fact, I think I look kind of frumpy in a couple of my suits, that's why I was only wearing my blue suit- it is old, but still somewhat fit. Anyway, I was able to get it altered in time for last Sunday, our first meeting in our new church building. The Bishopric spoke and I was the final speaker. When I got up I said that it had been my birthday a couple days ago and some friends had given me this suit, so I want you all to see my new Birthday Suit and I stepped to the side of the podium so everyone could see. Brad had even picked out a couple ties, so I have 2 ties from the Brad Frandsen Collection. The Clegg's even pitched in with a new dress shirt. Man, I must have been looking pretty crappy for a while. But nonetheless, I am grateful for friends who are so thoughtful!
For the Birthday Dinner we all went to NicoliItalia for a delightful calzone. Nick even said Happy Birthday to me, in his high, Bostonian accent, over the loud speaker. That was gold!

The other picture, well, sometimes that's just me.

6 comments:

Darla Pierre said...

that was seriously the funniest thing I have every heard in church! I couldn't stop laughing! You look nice btw.

Brad Frandsen said...

What is that picture with those glasses? Creepy!

Lacking Productivity said...

Looking sharp as a tack.

PS: this is your neighbor, Kira

Wilson Clan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ty Lyman said...

I missed it??? Crappy :) I bet it was good. Happy belated. Now your OLD....er :)With an awesome suit, looks great.

Jason said...

Beautiful