Saturday, February 6, 2010

Aebleskivers




Some of the Young Women were supposed to have come over for breakfast this morning, but for whatever reason it ended up being just Chelsea. Teresa was already planning on making Aebleskivers. Even though Chelsea was the only one from her class there, it worked out great for the rest of us! Man, those things rock! A little strawberry jam with a touch of powdered sugar. Ooooh, mama! We were wondering what the word aebleskiver meant in English. My translation was "delicious, yummy round little puffs". My family disagreed. We wanted to ask T. Grove to be sure, looking forward to a gruff, loud German translation, but he didn't pick up his phone. So, I am sticking with my translation! Anyway, after inhaling about 50 of them, I am very satisfied. Geeze, Young Women, you missed out!!!

5 comments:

Ty Lyman said...

That is so cool to see that someone else makes these. I grew up with these in my home too....Next time though you should try something a bit different. We take and apple, chunk it up and before you turn your delicious little ball add some apple to the center. When you turn it, it's trapped inside. It's AWESOME. We've also done cheese and bacon in the middle too. just something that we've expanded to.

http://www.solvangrestaurant.com/aebleskiver.html

Thomas said...

JA! Aebleskiver is nicht Deutsch fuer etwas lecker, aber sie siehen aus als sie doch ganz lecker sind. Sie kommen ursprunglich aus Daenemark. Auf Deutsch sagt man apfelschnitten, aber in Daenemark sagt man aebleskiver. Ein bisschen aehnlich, gel?

Wakefield Family said...

WE DIDN"T GET THE INVITE I SEE YOU ARE ALREADY FORGETTING US;( JK SEE YOU IN A MONTH

Raymond said...

Do you have a recipe for these luscious treats? My mom and dad are coming to visit and mom is bringing here aebleskiver pan. Thanks for the idea.

Jason said...

Funny, I just got an Ebelskiever pan a few weeks ago. Freut mich