Tuesday, April 6, 2010

April Struggles


You know, April may be the toughest month of the year for me and here's why:
Growing up in Northern California, by the time April comes around we have already been hanging out at the beach, playing baseball and enjoying the green grass & flowers (well, Lance and I would go surfing year round, but still...). Here in Utah, April still means snow, cold, an occasional teasingly nice days. You just know that the real nice weather is still a ways away. And what usually happens is that one day you wake up and it's 95 degrees!
Take the storm last night, geeze, it was like a blizzard! Howling winds and blowing snow. Blimey! I could go for a nice 80 degree sunny day. I would even be happy to mow the lawn.
But, the redeeming beauty of April is baseball season has begun and the Giants are 2-0! Holy Dooley! I am so happy because it seems that basketball season never ends.
Still loving my job.
Anyone for a Tiger's Blood Snowcone?

2 comments:

Wakefield Family said...

just so you know, they sell snowcones year round here! Plus, this 80 degree weather is getting old, send some snow this way.

Ty Lyman said...

ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!

Beth I think ya'll need to come up here, we just 2 feet of snow yesterday...for pitty ever.

It's rumored that the end of ALL the snow is the middle of April here in AK....APRIL 15TH. I think that's concidered the middle....

I WANT A SNOW CONE OF ANY KIND!!!