Tuesday, March 11, 2008

A Brief Overview

Maybe I will start with a couple items. I have been married to Teresa for almost 20 years. It seems so weird that it has been that long. We met when we were 15 at a church dance. I had noticed her a couple times at previous dances but at this particular dance she showed up with permed hair. Oh baby! When the song Time by Alan Parsons came on, I asked her to dance. We loved and hated each other for the next few years, then I served a mission to New Zealand for 2 years. She decided to return from school (at BYU) to see what would happen when I got home. Well, she was more than I could ever have asked for, and I still don't know what she was thinking when she said Yes to a marriage proposal!
We have 4 beautiful daughters and 2 cats. 
I graduated with a BFA in Illustration in 1997 and received my MBA in June of 2007. The EMBA program was one of the most intense times of my whole life. But, it was awesome and I now have a better job because of it. I work for sculptor Gary Lee Price in Springville,UT. I was the patina artist for too many years, ruing my wrists, shoulders, knees, etc. Hence the return to school. I now am the Marketing Manager. There never is a dull moment at the foundry, for foundry's truly are  weird-o magnets---myself included.
I am originally from Cupertino, CA and have been in Utah for 17 years. I miss the ocean and surfing. 
We have lots of music here at the house. I started playing the drums in 1981 and also took guitar lessons from the guitar king, Scott Miller. Thought I am most likely a let-down to him, I enjoy playing. I am trying to learn the tenor sax right now, too. My daughter Chelsea plays the sax and piano. Chantel plays the piano when she wants to, Abby plays the piano and does percussion at school. Madalyn is playing the piano, too. We all play our IPods!
I enjoy running and biking and look forward to warmer weather so I can start biking to work.
Well, that should be enough for now. One last thing, I love to laugh. Nothing makes me happier than tho make others crack up as well. So, hopefully I will be able to share some funniness, too. I will attach some photos.

1 comment:

Jason said...

Welcome to the Blog-o-sphere, Kemosabe!