Saturday, September 26, 2009

Seamstress of Love



You know, my wife rocks. The other day she asked Laurie across the street to look at her fabric bag that she uses to carry her scriptures in. Teresa looked it over, then designed and made her own! Teresa has been cranking out some quilts that she has been sewing on her machine.(If I had a job, she could get them all finished. Man, I suck) Beth Wakefield said to me, "Your wife ought to go into clothing design" to which I reply "She has a degree in it already!" But, living in the fashion mecca of Orem, UT, her opportunities are pretty much zero.
All this to get to one of my favorite pictures of 3 of my 4 girls (sorry Madalyn, but you were still in Heaven thinking, "I have to go with them?! Really? Umm, doesn't Steve Young need some kids?" Hey, you could have been with Michael Jackson, so zip it!) This picture is from 1995 and Teresa had made these Christmas dresses for the girlies. Classic! And the Halloween costumes, too. Abby's 50's diner waitress is one of my all time favorites.
The funny thing is Teresa cranks these things out, yet ask her to hem some pants and you'd think I'm asking her to donate a kidney!

1 comment:

Ty Lyman said...

Look at the hairs bows in the 90's. Classic :) I would have to agree with Beth. Your wife is awesome. So many mom's up here make livings of being seamstress. She would do awesome, maybe sell some quilts on ksl or something :) She could rake it in, somehow.