Saturday, September 5, 2009

Some Happenings





I thought I would share some happenings at the Snyder house. Last week Chantel went with her ward to hike Mt. Timpanogos. It was a grueling 18 mile hike, especially for my wee little 100 lb. daughter, who's only exercise consists of sleeping in till 11:00. Anyway, she left early in the morning and got home around 6:30 in the evening. I laughed as she came in; she was hammered and could barely move! She sat down at the table and we got her something to eat and drink. And some ibuprofen. Looking back, we should have just given her some loratabs! I had to snap some pictures. She really freaked when she took off her shoes and saw her feet and how dirty and disgusting they looked. (Chelsea said the picture makes them look hairy! Like a Hobbit?) I about had to scoop her up with a shovel and dump her onto her bed. For the next few days she could barely walk. Funny stuff.
Chelsea was asked to Homecoming in a most peculiar way. We were walking over to the church when a guy called her phone asking for our home number. Odd, she thought. We then were at the Wakefield's when Teresa called and said we needed to be gone for a while so someone could come over and prepare an invitation for Chelsea. (I am so glad that back in our day you just asked "Would you like to go to the dance with me?") So, the Wakefield's went with us down to Macey's for a soft serve and to hang out for a bit. We even tested our blood pressure at the sit down machine. I love how it fluctuates by 20 points when you take it again. When we got home, Teresa kind of directed her to the bathroom. There in the toilet is her invitation! I said you ought to reply by getting a bunch of Tootsie Rolls, warming them up and molding them together into a big log... that's when my wife shut me down.
School's in, Mom is happier, but I am still out of work. Kind of stinks. I have had a few interviews, but nothing seems to happen!
I love Fall and am excited for it's arrival. But I know coldness is right behind it and I have really enjoyed running outside. Jayton and I moved my treadmill out into the garage yesterday, so come Winter, I will be running out there in the cold! Should be fun.
I was at Costco the other day and came around the corner to see Christmas decorations!!! Holy cow! The weird thing is how a wash of excitement and nostalgia came over me.
Again I ask... too early for Christmas music?!

1 comment:

Serena said...

It's never to early for Christmas Music :]