Monday, August 11, 2008

Forty-Fetchin'-Two!

OK, so I'm 42 today. And I got to spend my birthday in a truck traveling home from the Sculpture in the Park show in Loveland, CO. It was fun being there since last Wednesday (which was Chantel's b-day). I got to be with Ken Donnelly and his wife Melanie for a couple days, setting up the show and attending the seminars. We had a fun time eating out and hanging out. We even went to a movie, Mummy 3. Wait for the dollar theater.
We stayed at the Comfort Inn, which was real nice. I was in the room by myself until Gary Price and Justin came. The show was fun and we got to meet a lot of nice people and artist's. Ken and I tried drumming up some business for the foundry at the other sculpture show going on across the street.
Gary and Justin left after the show. Ken and I loaded up and got back to the hotel. Though I love Gary & Justin, it still is nice being alone in the hotel room. 
The Wakefields brought over a card and socks. When Jayton loses a race to a 42 year old, he is going to be devastated. 
It's weird that your body gets older, but inside I still feel 17!

4 comments:

Erin and Thomas said...

Happy Freakin' Birthday! Glad you are back. See you tomorrow.

Jason said...

Geezerhood rulz!

Serena said...

Happy Late Birthday Uncle Paul!!! You may have heard me, michelle, marissa, and my mom singing happy birthday to you last night but .... my dad cut us off. Good Luck on your game tonight you'll have to tell me if anything funny happens to my dad :D!!

-Serena

Lauriann said...

perry and I say, "Hi, old man!"

Happy late Birthday.

And glad you could put Jayton to work in our ward. :)