Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving

Well, we started Thanksgiving with a bang, or should I say with a BARF! At 2 AM Madalyn was vomiting, and of course she threw up a couple times in the hallway and then got to the bathroom. Nothing like the upchucking sound in the wee hours of the morning! So, Teresa and I were cleaning barf out of the carpet for a while. Teresa already suffers from Vomit Phobia, so once she was done cleaning she was off to go shower. Anyway, Madalyn made it through the night with no further barfies and hasn't had a problem since.
I got up and ready for my Turkey Trot Run. It was raining, but it held up right before the race began. I'll tell you what, this years shirts are the dumbest ever! I really want to design one and ask for them to please use it! I met up with Carl and his friend Brad, and 3 of my nieces, they were there to take pictures and cheer us on. I forgot to bring my gloves, but it didn't matter. Anyway, we got to the starting line and waited, as always, then finally after 10 minutes were off. I started with a pretty good pace. In fact my first mile was around 6:20-ish. I fell in behind some high school girl and kept pace up until about the last 3/4 mile and then she pulled away. Well crap, I'm 42 and she is 15! I tried to kick it on home and was shocked to see that I was under the 28 minute mark! I finished at 27:56. In my age bracket, 40-44, I was 5th and 69th overall. Carl came in at 35:57, so I missed my goal of beating him by 10 minutes. His girls missed him finishing so he popped back on the course and had them snap a picture. I told him he would make a great Democrat the way he was re-writing history! I am very satisfied and a bit shocked at my time.
We went to Carl's house for Dinner. I picked up my mother en route. She hasn't been out like that for a long time and she did real good. My brother David, his son Hayden, and his two daughters, Miranda and Carly, were down from Idaho. It was a lot of fun to hang out with them. We ate and got bloated, played games and reminisced about our childhoods and such. It was very fun. When we got home I was so stinkin' tired that I don't remember laying down in my bed at 10 PM! I was out like a light. So, it was a great and fun day, and no one barfed at night!

2 comments:

Serena said...

That was so much fun!! It is so fun to have Uncle David here I love to hear the stories they are the best!

Jason said...

Can you say "turkey TROT" just after talking about barf?

You are one fast dude. According to my Nike+iPod device, my pace is about 8:20 per mile...I think I have unusually low lung capacity or something.

You still reading my blog? Haven't seen your insightful commentary. :)