Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Use Extreme Caution


No reason for the title of this entry.
I have been hesitant to write after hearing how people are stealing info from blogs to use for identity theft. I'm sure some how Scoopy will come into play somewhere down the line.
We had a fun Halloween. Madalyn and Emily went trick-or-treating and Bishop Billings and the Wakefields all went along with them. It's always nice when after a couple blocks the girls say, "I'm done." Oh yeah.
We had a fun party at the Cleggs place. Janice Kapp Perry made a special appearance! (It was Andrea Frandsen, but she was convincing). I feel bad singing the karaoke because I don't know any of the new songs, new meaning anything after 1978.
I find that I am dragging a bit; I need to do something like a painting or write a story or something. Oh well.
Hey, 2 Christmas music stations already!
How about those crazy Californians and their protesting and now extreme "tolerance" towards the Mormons! Um, didn't a whole lot of other churches and people vote for Prop 8? Huh, I guess you can be tolerant as long as you agree with me.
Chantel had a blow out in the dumb van today. The side of the tire ruptured. It's always fun to change a flat when the weather is cold.
Hey, I missed the Turkey triathalon over at the Rec Center. Geeze. I really wanted to do it this year. But alas, I still haven't been back on my bike yet. My back is really tight and sore with the cooler wet temps. Lots o' fun. Jayton and I did run the 4 mile Turkey Trot route. I was at 30:01. So, I am going to push it real hard to be under 30 minutes. I went and bought some new shoes today; my Pearl Izumis are getting old and I can feel my shins starting to hurt. So I will give them a wee break and then go hard.
I miss my Tama Swingstar 7 piece drum set. Here is a 1983 shot of me in my room playing. I don't think baldness runs in the family. Leif Garrett maybe, but not baldness.

4 comments:

ANDREA said...

i wish i knew how to play the drums! i want to learn but brad for some reasons thinks that drums in our 850 sq ft apt is not the best idea. i say fooey! that brad- he's always such a party pooper.

dont feel bad about not knowing some new tunes. i'll make you a mix tape. and noone can sing love shack like you, so keep your chin up.

sincerely,
Sister Janice Kapp

Anonymous said...

Oh my! Now that's a vintage photo. Not only did it bring back memories but entire waves of nostalgia. I've gone back to Tino a few times for polo alumni events and walked the halls trying to remember names and faces. It's sometimes hard to believe we're 40 something.

Jason said...

Is that Karen Carpenter on the drums?

Paul said...

I wish!