Tuesday, March 31, 2009

My Wife


Teresa has been in Washington with her parents. She left last Thursday morning with her folks as they drove back, pulling their 5th wheel. They did take 3 days to do it! I'm sure she is eating Tillamook ice cream as I write this. Heck, if I were there I'd be doing the same thing. She is getting a great chance to hang out with her folks and have no responsibilities; her mom and dad are driving her wherever she wants to go and doing whatever she wants, mainly to the supermarket for another carton of Tillamook Chocolate Mudslide ice cream.
Having her gone has been a weird experience. I thought how bad it would stink if she were gone for good. Ugh. You know, there is a scripture that says Is it good that man is alone? No, it is not good that man is alone. And I concur. I always joke that I'd better die before her because I won't be able to take it!
So, it is weird to be dad and mom. Chelsea and Chantel are doing a great job with their sisters in getting them ready and off to school, church, etc. This time around we aren't using paper plates and plastic utensils, mainly because we have either eaten at the Cannon Center with Chantel or people have both given us food or invited us over. Very kind indeed.
Anyways, my wife rocks and I look forward to having her back home.

1 comment:

Ty Lyman said...

good thing your not moving or something, you could have joined the Cases in our sleep over last night, while they had no place to go while they were between homes. We had 15 people in my apartment sleeping. Crazy....I'm so glad we are done being generous and serving :). But Jakes homeade Fajita's were pretty Tasty :)