Saturday, March 21, 2009

Old Faces


I have posted a bunch of pictures of Fremont Older Elementary School on my Facebook page. I thought I would attach a picture from 1972 (first grade!) and label all those that I remember. So here it goes...
Top left- Pat Raymes, ?, Kjersten, Brian Fischer, Sean Warner, Hank Ford. Next row, left- Kristine, Susie Rhiner, Jennifer Ludwig, Jenny Smith, Colleen. Next row left-?, Anne Gray, Dave Lovvorn, Ralph, Jerry, ?. Sitting row left-Eve Nordstrom, Stephanie Miller, ?, Chris Buchanan, Diane Powell and Me. Mrs. Berg, of course. Love the Mary Hartman look. She was actually a great teacher.

This is first grade. I remember having poison oak so bad in class one day that I thought I was going to burst. Calamine Lotion, that pink mixture, never seemed to take care of the itch and it was always so yucky to apply. My folks also went to Hawaii this year. We had Mrs. Marshall stay at our place and babysit us. She was awful. We weren't allowed to watch King Kong vs Godzilla on TV because, as she said, "It's too violent". Oye. And the other atrocity was about an inch of water in the tub for a bath! Oh, the humanity! I remember the folks calling and we were all on the phone saying how much we hated her when all the sudden "Are you enjoying your trip" was blurted out-- she was on the other line and heard everything we said! So, there you have it.

1 comment:

Jason said...

Is Sean Warner eating mud or something?