Thursday, March 12, 2009

Recent Happenings



This is going to be hard- I am typing with just my left hand; I had arthroscopic surgery yesterday on my right shoulder. My shoulder has never healed from the accident. Dr. Mortensen performed it. He said he had to scrape the clavicle and rotator cuff, surprised at all the inflammation that was still there. I just hope this gets it all feeling better. They did a block, like an epidural, for my shoulder and arm. It was weird not having any feeling or control over my arm! Last night was pretty crappy, but the perkisets are starting to kick in, so if this gets goofy you'll know why.
Jayton has decided this is a great opportunity to launch Operation Fat-Lard to slow my running down because I won't be able to go for a little while. The brownies have already been served and there is going to more junk headed my way soon.
Saturday Teresa was making cupcakes from scratch for the Cosgroves who were having a little do for Courtnie, their daughter who checked into the MTC yesterday. Craig Cosgrove works their as a PT and will probably see her everyday for the next 2 months. That would be weird to come home every day and tell your wife and family how their daughter and sister is doing. Anyway, back to my wife. She got 4 dozen cupcakes made and then started on the butter-cream frosting. She had the mixer on low, added a bunch of powdered sugar and thought she was turning it even lower, but turned it the opposite way, only to have the powdered sugar go flying everywhere. I tried grabbing the camera before she got too much of it cleaned up. My wife rocks.
I got a call from an old friend that we lived next to for a couple of years back in the late 90's. He asked me to create an illustration for his company of Pres. Obama. I read the article that the illustration would be based on and immediately thought to show Obama as a gold miner. Greg agreed and here is the finished project. Not being an Obama fan it was an interesting ordeal. I had to bust out the oil paints so I went out into the garage to paint. It was on Monday, you know, when the storm came rushing in. Jeezers, I was FREEZING!
And who in the heck is in charge of Daylight Savings? They should be fired. Can't we just pick a time and stay with it? Newman!

2 comments:

Jason said...

Nice work!

And I'm with you on Daylight Saving. It's useless.

Ty Lyman said...

It's awesome to see your wife in a baking bind :) I thought only I did funny/stupid things like that. :)