Saturday, May 31, 2008

Graduation!




Yesterday was Chantel's graduation from Mountain View High School. It was held at the Marriott Center at BYU. The program was good, the speakers kept their remarks short and it was overall a fun ceremony. When the graduates were presented my wife went down closer to get some pictures. I guess she didn't have all the right settings for her camera because a lot of the pictures were blurry. Oh well. After the program we all went outside and got many pictures of Chantel and her friends. Jenny Robinson was so excited to see Grandma & Grandpa Beckstrand again. 
We then loaded up and went to China Lily for lunch. That was a tasty experience. I love the Salt and Pepper Chicken dish there! We came home full and said good-bye to Grandma and Grandpa who left, pulling their 5th Wheel, to serve a mission up at Martin's Cove. We headed over to see Grandma Verla, who lives at the Seville. She is always excited to see the grandkids.
Well, my dear wife has been on an emotional roller coaster with all of this. She can't talk about Chantel or her future with out bursting into tears. It will be really odd when Chantel leaves to go live at the dorms at BYU in late August. As for now, I am trying to keep it all together. 
It is so weird to think how quick her school years have gone by. Why did MY high school years take forever? And how come no one tells you how you are going to feel and how to prepare for your children growing up and getting older? All I know is how proud I am of all my girls and how much I love them. They are each so beautiful and have their own special abilities. I just hope that all the years of their mother's love and their father's teachings will have sunk deep into their hearts. My girls ROCK!
CONGRATULATIONS CHANTEL!!!

1 comment:

Jason said...

It's just too bad she had to go to Mountain View and couldn't go to the true high school of Orem...