Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A Memorable Day

So it was wet and at times chilly, and I am experiencing a sore throat (my daughter Chantel brought home a huge shake from Iceberg the other night, let Madalyn and me take a few bites before she exclaimed "My throat has been so sore for the last few days!" Thank you), but Memorial Day was memorable. I got up early and, as I do every day, had Fiber One and a couple slices of high fiber bread. (My friend Kimball Lyman once said, "Bishop, it tastes like DIRT!") I then drove out to American Fork to run a 5K with my brother Carl. His 3 daughters, Serena, Michelle, and Marissa were there with him, commenting on everything and everybody. They are funny. It was cold and raining. The rain quit just before we took off running. The first mile was no problem, the second took us uphill around the cemetery, which kicked my butt. I managed to finish right around 21:55. Carl came through a few minutes later. I'm a bit sore today.
I spent a number of hours trying to clean out my art, drum, and sanctuary room so my daughter Chantel can have her own room. I guess somewhere in the past we said she could have her own room when she started college. She starts BYU in June. Man, it is depressing giving up my space. She will move into Helaman Halls in the fall, so I will get it back, though I can picture one of the other girls saying they want it.
We then had a BBQ with the Clegg's, Wakefield's, and Grover's in the Clegg's backyard. It was fun and cold and wet. Thomas Grover made some of the best baked beans I've ever had! We played Bocce Ball in their yard. We all felt guilty when our balls were smashing their rock walkways or wood bridges. We hung out and had some fun conversations, too. 
I struggled with the thought of going back to work today. It wasn't too bad, but I'd prefer to be hanging out with the family and friends!

1 comment:

Jason said...

A 5K in 21:55? You're fast...I need to run harder...faster.