Thursday, May 22, 2008

It's Memorial Day Weekend!?

Global Warming? It's a giant load of hud. Here we are at Memorial Day weekend and it's so stinking cold outside that I actually feel sorry for all the "picnic-ers" who will be at the cemeteries. 
I had a friend, Hank Ford, whose parents would rent a beach cabin and bunk room at Maresa Beach a few miles south of Santa Cruz. I was invited for the first time in 1980 and went for a number of years. I loved being in the ocean both surfing and body surfing. Mr. & Mrs. Ford would always have a big party with lots of guests and tons of real nice food. It is the only time in my life that I chose to eat a clam. No thanks. That trip was usually the opening of summer.
But here we are, ready to start the weekend, and it's FREEZING outside! Apparently this last April was the coldest in the last 114 years. Global temperatures have been decreasing for the last 10 years. In the 70's the "Brilliant Scientists" and others were desperate because we were heading into another ice age. Oye. Global warming, geeze, hey, Al Gore, I've got my electric blanket on and it's the end of May! For Pete's sake.
Anyway, with the holiday we will remember our military who have served our country. My grandfather served in World War I and II and even was in Korea helping out. We will most likely get together with family or friends for a bar-b-que, though we might have to be wearing a jacket when we are flipping the meat!

1 comment:

Jason said...

We had a ward breakfast on the 24th, and it was more like a ward winter camp out. It has been strangely cold this year...but I think the heat will come and stay now.