Thursday, May 1, 2008

Me and Sour Cream

We had a big lunch at work yesterday and as occasion often happens I passed on the sour cream as a condiment. When asked why, I always say I'm not friends with sour cream. Today I had to rehearse the story of how we became enemies-
I was almost 16, had my driver's permit, and would go anywhere anytime for anything for my mom or anyone else if it meant driving! So, my mother says she needs a few items at the store, including sour cream. Well, I was too cool to look dorky pushing a cart and it was before they offered the wee baskets, though, that would be even worse than a cart. As I continue to grab item after item, my arms were getting pretty full. I was just about to the check out counter when the tub of sour cream falls off the top of my stack of stuff. It landed face down on the lid. I reached down to pick it up, grabbing the tub. The lid stayed on the floor with the sour cream, and I was holding an empty tub. I looked at the white mound and saw it was flattening out so I shoved the tub back onto it and flipped it over. Well, there was sour cream oozing all over and me being a stupid teenager and not wanting to ask for help, I started licking all the sour cream that was spilling out! Lick after globule lick. By the time I got to the check out counter I was green and ready to barf. We knew the crew there at Monson's Market pretty well and Lance, the check out clerk, looks at me and just says "Why didn't you just get a new one?!"
So there you have it. I hate sour cream and it hates me. Only when it is disguised in a sauce or dip can I handle it.

2 comments:

Jason said...

Ew!

What happened to your rant post, about Al Gore and rice and Barry Zito?

ANDREA said...

you have GOT to be kidding me that you licked all the sour cream off the tub. lol. OH.MY.GOSH!!!!!!!

i'm so grateful to the wakefields and grovers that spilled the beans about your blog.