Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Updates on Life


So it has been 9 weeks since I got in my accident. I am still doing the physical therapy thing. The PT is scraping the scar tissue in my knee and up my thigh. Wow, the pain is awesome. My shoulder still hurts and the back is still sore, tight, funky, etc. I had to have that mole removed because all the trauma made it turn black and the surgeon said Let's get that out of here! You know, I went in to visit him with certain expectations of just being looked at and him saying It looks great, have a Tootsie Pop, but I wasn't expecting to go lay down for 40 minutes of needles, cutting, snipping and yes, even cauterizing. (Is that bacon I smell?) It really was pretty crappy. But, the stitches are out now and I started trying to get a bit active. I ran outside in the beautiful fall weather. Man, I HURT! Oye. And I ran again with Jayton today. He's running nervous, you know, it's that 10k in 9 months. I hope the physical activity can loosen up my back. All the bouncing really makes the shoulder sore, but I gotta do something or go nuts.
The other fun thing was we are pretty well moved into the Sunset Heights building for church. It has been alright, but we kind of have the redheaded step-child feeling; those 2 wards have been there for decades and now we are showing up. The good news is our new building is being framed right now. Yeah! Wakefield is going to love when he is the bishop and will just have to walk out his back door. Boy, it will be so easy for him.
Chelsea had a band concert last night. She is also in the Jazz Band. She got to start their first song off (for the Halloween concert) by screaming real loud and shrill. She was good at it. Must get it from her uncle.
Can anyone tell me why they would actually vote for Obama? This is probably the 2 worst options we have ever had for President.
I think I will read the Masque of the Red Death, The Black Cat, and The Tell Tale Heart to the children, you know, for fun. Here's a picture of Edgar Allen Poe that I drew years ago.

4 comments:

Serena said...

Nice Drawing!! Uncle Paul you need to look at my blog I have all kinds of stuff on there! check it out

Serena said...

oh thanks lol...

Jason said...

Mr. Scar!

Chantel said...

DAD! you should follow my blog:) i like your edgar, he looks a little lonely though...