Saturday, June 21, 2008

6.2 Miles

So I've been running the 5K races with my brother, and he is ticked because I keep beating him. Well, the 10K is coming up on July 4th for the Freedom Festival. Carl will be running that with his friend. Jayton Wakefield wants me to run it with him, too. The farthest I have run is a wee bit over 4 miles (not including running with my wetsuit on back in high school when I was trying to make weight for a wrestling match!).
Jayton and I ran from the mouth of Provo Canyon up to Nunn's Park and back, which is pretty much 6 miles, in the heat! I was able to do it without dying and my legs are just a little sore today. So, I will have to keep it up for the next couple weeks. I have biked a couple times to work. That helps with the lung capacity.

A side note to the picture from the last posting. Back in the summer of 1999 Tyler brought his hair clippers to work one day. I walked into the waxroom to see one of my co-workers leaning over the garbage can and Tyler buzzing his head! My hair was needing a trim, 
but not a shave. Everyone started giving me crap, so I buckled and had him shave my head, too. Everyone ended up bald that day. It was pretty funny. That's our former business manager with me. We felt like we were in the nut-house, so we acted like it, too. When I got home, my kids didn't know who
 the freak was walking in our front door, and my wife cried. But, she really loved it and begs me to do it again. I don't know if the Stake President will be happy with that.
That's me in front with the sunglasses

3 comments:

Jason said...

You're doing 6 miles, eh? I'm up to 18 minutes...about 2 miles. I suck.

Wakefield Family said...

I made your blog!!! I'd like to take this opportunity to thank those who have stood behind me for so many years to get to this point...to dream the impossible dream...carpe diem...I'll stop now.

Jayton

Kent said...

Bishop! Just came across your blog. Cool to see what you've been up to, I didn't realize you were a closet runner. We need to have an MBA reunion 5k or something. Marcus and I just finished the Wasatch Back Relay. I highly recommend it to anyone!