Monday, June 16, 2008

Cholesterol, our buddy!


Back in January I had a physical, the first in about 15 years or so, and became acquainted with Dr. Jellyfinger. They took a lot of blood and ran the tests. I got them in the mail about 2 weeks later, telling me that my cholesterol was at 246 and that I needed to change my diet. So, this coincided with a bunch of women at work who were starting their own version of The Biggest Loser, which I automatically win because, well, as my wife will say every now and again... loser! (it's usually when I make an inappropriate comment). 
Anyway, I have made some serious changes in what I eat, and how much of it I do eat. It has been very hard to not eat chips, cake, cookies, brownies, Ho Ho's, Ding Dong's, etc. every day. And cutting out the cheese has been a nightmare! I love cheese, especially pepper jack and of course, Stinking Bishop!
As the months have gone on I actually started losing weight. I started out at 164.8 pounds as of Feb. 1. At the end of the competition at the end of May I weighed in at 150.0 pounds! Pretty sweet. 
This all leads me to Saturday. I had my cholesterol checked again and it came in at..... 171!!! I was pretty surprised. I figured it would be 239 or something like that. So, I wanted to celebrate with a bacon-wrapped steak, but my wife BBQed steak for me for Father's Day.
I guess I'm a LOSER after all.

2 comments:

Jason said...

Wow that's quite a cholesterol success story. I doubt mine will be so good (255 last summer). What's the deal with the picture?

ANDREA said...

great job on the getting healthy. not so great job on the pose in that picture.

-andrea frandsen (the d is silent)