Friday, September 19, 2008

Frankenstein, That's Me!


So I've been in physical therapy for my shoulder and knee. I love the electric stimulator things and watching my muscles twitch up a storm. Ultrasound just leads to gooeyness, but I guess it works. My lower back/upper bum area still is rather sore, especially if I sit for any length of time. And I still have the numb strip, but as one one of the doctors said, "It could be in a worse spot". Yeah, let's just hope I forever have control of my bowels.
The youth in our ward did a 'Bishop's Night' on Wednesday. It was pretty funny. My counselors, daughter and wife told stories about me, they gave me a bell for my bike, a clock and chocolate kisses and we had a cupcake walk. They also gave me a scrapbook with their pictures and testimonies in it. It was pretty cool. Then Erin Grover produced a chocolate cake that is one of the most delightful things I have ever eaten!!! Holy cow, I would love to sit there with a fork and gallon of milk and go to town, but that is probably not in the low-cholesterol diet plan. Crap.
Work is being very patient with me for which I am very grateful. Hopefully I will be able to sit longer and concentrate more.
I visited the surgeon today who said my laceration is healing up nicely. He said there is a bit of fluid in it but should be OK. He told me to get stretching and start getting active, not to over do it, but start doing things. I am happy to hear that.
Teresa says I look like Frankenstein, so I thought I would attach a picture of how things are looking. Teresa is always worried when I show my scar that I will show my crack. Only if you're lucky!

3 comments:

Serena said...

Hey!! I hope your feeling better! I don't know what were doing tomorrow but I would really like to come see you guys.. my dad is taking Michael to the game tho... but hopefully we will still come see you. I hope you heal soon and that your back feels better.
♥ Serena

Ty Lyman said...

I'm with your wife, keep the crack to yourself. We've always been told to say no to crack growing up.....you know there is this stuff that a few of us are aware of. Mostly plumblers though. It's called "crack spackle" LOL.

Jason said...

Only if you're lucky? Shouldn't your fingers be crossed in that picture, then, like the Loverboy album? :)