Tuesday, September 23, 2008

In the Stands


It seems that I have been in the stands for a while now- watching the softball team play and at the Mountain View High football games (we are obviously pretty hard up for Friday Night activities, but as Putty on Seinfeld says, "You gotta support the team!"). Plus, Chelsea is in the Pep Band, so it gives us a wee excuse.
It hurts to be watching the softball team and not be out there on the field. It is fun to root for the dudes, but I prefer having the Frandsten's yelling for me! Oh well. Jayton and Grover had a pretty good collision in the outfield last night. Jayton even said he felt like me this morning when he was trying to move around (he took a knee to the upper thigh). I just remember when he smashed into me and drove me into the gravel that is the warning track. I was picking gravel out of my skin for a week. Too bad we lost.
It is fun to be around my brother Carl's family. Carl is affectionately known as C-Train. He lumbers down the base path at break-neck speed. That's a joke.
And it is fun to be by the Hatch's at the football games as Teri screams for JC. I would prefer to be watching football in the rain/snow/cold; it brings the football ambiance. Here's a picture of my street that I grew up on in football weather.
I thought about how excited we were to go to football games back at Cupertino High School so many years ago. We started sneaking into games back when we were in elementary school. Back then the band would perform at half time then there would always be fireworks! We would be so excited during the summer to hear the band practicing. We would ride our bike way out to the school to watch. We actually had a HUGE awesome marching band, they were impressive. The funny thing about attending the games were I don't remember any of the high schoolers actually watching the game- we would just roam back and forth in front of the bleachers (between the bleachers and the fence) and that space was always jam packed with kids to the point where you barely moved, but that's what was so fun about going to the games. And the hope that somehow you would end up meeting girls!
I rode Chantel's cruiser bike to the church to pick up some paperwork. Pretty scary, but you have to get back on the horse. My shoulder is starting to feel pretty good. Yesterday at physical therapy they hooked my back up to the electo-things. So I had them going on my shoulder and back, and I fell asleep on the table! I was dreaming away. Classic.
I can't wait to get running again. I only have 10 months to prepare to beat Wakefield in the 10K!!!

3 comments:

ANDREA said...

if you want we can still cheer for you even though youre sitting by us in the stands.

might be awkward. might not be.

Ty Lyman said...

I've had those electrodes hooked to my shoulders and lower part of my head. When I had them hooked up though, someone had them turned up to high. I felt like a handicaped person. Or someone that has seizures. But it's awesome when it's done right. You'll make it by 10 months :)

Thomas said...

Here's to hoping Wakefield and Grover can communicate tonight at the game.