Thursday, September 11, 2008

Some Happenings

Well, I thought I would give some updates on life-
I have had to go to the surgeon's office twice to have fluid drained out of my back. It's no fun. In fact today after he pulled the needle out I got all hot and sweaty and started seeing all the spots in my periphery! I also visited the orthopedist who said as of right now I need to get to physical therapy and do that for a while, so I am hoping for improvement there. Sleeping is getting a bit easier.
Chantel is at the BYU (you'll notice if you speak with anyone who is older that it's "THE" BYU) and has had the realization that she is going to spend her whole life reading for her classes. I tried to warn her, but I'm just the dad; what do I know. But, on Monday she was eating at the Cannon Center by herself when a big dude sat next to her and chatted up a storm with her. He plays on the defensive line for the football team (Brock Richardson). So 2 days later she's eating there again all alone when she hears some people talking and hears her name. Turns out it's Brock again and this time he has Fui Vakapuna and Solomone Kafu with him. So she ate with them and marveled that they could snap her like a dried twig! You need to know Chantel had a 100 lb. party when she finally reached the century mark in weight, which was a month ago! Brock is 6'2" and 260 lbs. Pretty classic. Hey, get us some tickets, girlie!
Chelsea is dancing up a storm in ballroom and loves it. She is also doing well in Jazz Band. We are going to trade in her sax for a new one. She is also going to Home Coming so she gets to wear her pretty dress. Should be fun!
Teresa got her hair cut and colored. She looks so cute that I can't stop kissing her. I think she's sick of me. Which is another reason I went back to work this week. It has been pretty crappy and hurts a lot to be there, but I have given Teresa some well needed respite.
Our good buddy Rob Clegg won tickets to the BYU vs UCLA game today by singing the National Anthem on 1280 the Zone! Go Rob! I always knew you had the pipes.
I guess lastly I want to say that I think it is freaky how an event like 9-11 has turned into a Bush-Bashing and how people actually think that our government really did it. C'mon, what are you, psycho?! The government could never pull anything like that off no matter how hard they tried. All kidding aside, people and nations hate the USA and will try always to do what they can to destroy us.
But we have Michael Phelps, so we're fine.

3 comments:

Brad Frandsen said...

Its a shame Michael Phelps sounds like he needs speech therapy!

Serena said...

Yay Michael Phelps! Hope you get better soon Uncle Paul!! Hopefully we will see you this weekend

Jason said...

Your daughter the freshman is getting hit on by football players? Dang!

They never hit on me, even when I was a senior.