Thursday, September 4, 2008

Birthday Girl



Madalyn had her 9th birthday on September 1st, you know, that cold, wet Labor Day (blast this global warming!). Madalyn rocks. She loves riding her bike & longboard, she likes playing board games, Transformers, playing with her friends, listening to music, playing the piano. She enjoys going on walks with her dad and is happy to hold his hand when they do. She wanted "Army Men" for her birthday, which we couldn't find, probably because they aren't politically correct anymore. Or maybe I need to hit the Dollar Store to look. Madalyn is a lot of fun and is a beautiful 9 year old!
On my front, well, tomorrow I hopefully get my drain taken out of my back as well as having the staples removed, too. How do they do that? Do they have a staple remover like the one you have on your desk? Oooh, that will hurt. My shoulder really hurts and I have another week before going to the Orthopedist to have him look at it. I have this pretty cool bruise, though, that is like a flame coming out of my armpit! I apologize for my disgusting whiteness!

4 comments:

Ty Lyman said...

Just so you know, yes it's kind of like the staple remover you would use from your office. "kind of" I've heard it's not that painful though. It's kind of like having stitches removed, it tickles "if they're not stuck." lol. You need to see the tanning bed Jake says :) Your in good hands though no worry's. As for the Birthday girl. I have so much in common with her :) just keep the fire crackers from her, and the lighters, and the....anything that might melt those army guys. I played with GI Joes when I was her age. In fact I think I might have even owned a barbie doll. It didn't last long. I melted her hair and her chest because I thought that I would make my own GI Joe :) I even lit the field on fire where Ken and Nancy's new home is :) I'm sure She's not like that though. Congrats on older kids, and an awesome picture worthy bruise it's wicked cool!!

ANDREA said...

oh the bishop....what a character- i was scrunching my face up at that picture thinking- wow that looks painful and then i read- its like a flame coming out of my armpit. at least when you got the crap knocked out of you..your sense of humor didnt go with it. glad you are alright.. how about next time you just dont get hit with a car? thats probably the better idea.

Jason said...

Look at that muscular definition!

Unknown said...

I thought the bruise was Photoshoped stink lines. My bad.

Seriously though, ouch!