Tuesday, September 30, 2008

It's (Almost) the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

I love Fall and the weather getting crisp and baseball playoffs and football and Halloween and candy and candy, and, oh, candy. I love the color changes in the mountains, and we will be up there soon for family pictures. You know, every year we seem to get warm about this time of the year and then all the sudden the bottom drops out and it's freezing. Oh well.
The other day I bought Percy Faith's 1966 (the year I was born!) Christmas album from iTunes. It's a classic. On Sunday I was doing some indexing and started listening to it when Chelsea, who was laying on the couch, stands up and exclaims, "Dad, I can't do it! Not yet!" and stormed out of the living room. Oh well.
Mary at work and I were both talking about how we love this season; October (or as we call it Rocktober, you know, to sound like we're cool stoners) is the doorway to the Holiday season. Think about it, during the next 3 months you don't need an excuse to eat fudge, it's just there. The smells, the decorations, the memories, more time with family and friends, etc. I even bake gingersnaps every year with the girls. I love reminiscing about all the holidays back when we were in elementary school. I might go visit my daughter just to get the feeling.
I just think it's classic that within a short period we go from celebrating the Devil to celebrating Jesus. Pretty interesting.

3 comments:

Jason said...

You should read my very first ever blog post from Oct. 1 last year. I too love this time of year...I just wish it would get colder already!

Brad Frandsen said...

I love this time of year... all the build up and excitement and then Dec 25th its all over.

Thomas said...

Mmmm, fudge.