Saturday, October 18, 2008

It' Just Scoopy!



Back in oh, about April when I was shopping with Teresa, we were walking down the ice cream aisle when I saw the ice cream cone boxes. Sugar cones all the way! On the cover of the red box is that happy clown Scoopy! I pick it up and what's this?!?! A promotion for a Scoopy doll! You gotta be kidding me! You need to send in a check, or money order, and two UPC symbols and wait 6-8 weeks for delivery. Good thing the cones were on sale. Teresa wasn't happy, but who doesn't love an ice cream cone or Scoopy?! Upon further review the offer is valid until June of 2007. Crap.
Well, I sent in my check and the UPC symbols not even 2 weeks ago, expecting to get a note back saying the offer has expired, but what came in the mail yesterday! Aw whoopee! It's Scoopy! My wife said they probably have a ton of them left because who would order something so horrible?
So now we have Scoopy on the cabinet in the room. I tell my kids if they hear evil laughing in the night they know exactly where it's coming from. Man, what's better than an evil clown in the house?!

5 comments:

Wakefield Family said...

better not pull that thing out while we are over. I hate clowns in every way

Jason said...

I hear about clown phobia all the time. I think I'm in the group, but it's surprising that something usually associated with fun should be universally feared.

Ty Lyman said...

What the crap!!!Why would you even want one? I wonder if it's head spins? I'm with Teresa on this one....That's night terror worthy totally.

ANDREA said...

um. im so creeped out just looking at that thing. im still kind of stunned you actually ordered it. it would have been thrown out immediately- no BURNED immediately if that was my house.

creepy.

oh and thank you for your comments in laurels class today- i really appreciated them- i think those girls needed to hear it.

Serena said...

is there supposed to be a new one?? i already saw this one and your clown pretty much freaks me out!! lol.. I check your blog everyday btw.... you need to look at my blog too.