Saturday, October 25, 2008

Ohio

I had the opportunity to go to Ohio from Wednesday morning to Friday afternoon with my boss. There is a wonderful philanthropic couple out there by the name of Gib and Louella Reese who have built many buildings for the Ohio State University campus in Newark, OH and have bought and dedicated a number of bronze sculptures for the campus and throughout the town. We were outside of Columbus and I was impressed by the beauty of Licking County where were. I haven't really ever had the chance to be around gazillionaires, but they were both real cool, in fact everyone that we met and worked with were fun. The community has made a big commitment to giving back to the community and I thought how cool it would be if we could see more of that around our city. Oh well.
I stayed at the Cherry Valley Lodge. Man, it was beautiful and HUGE! My suite was bigger than the upstairs of our house! But, it was cold and my heater took forever to get it warm. I did get a chance to watch both World Series games. You know, once again being in a place that has cable TV proves to me why I don't have it here; I sat and flipped channels for hours. And there still was nothing on worth watching. I did enjoy watching Fox News, but that's probably it. So, don't try selling us a dish, cable, comcast, whatever, because I will never get off my butt!

No comments: