Thursday, October 16, 2008

What the...?


So I was walking out to my car when I noticed something long on the driveway. Hey! It's a snake! It was over 3 feet long and was getting some sun and hanging out. I yelled for Teresa who walked out and freaked! She wanted me to stick in a bucket, but what do I grab it with? I stood on the grass looking like a moron with my leather gloves on, holding a box to trap it. Our cat, Sally, came over, rolled on the driveway for a moment or two, then notices...ooh, what's this? As she tries to sniff it, the snake gets into strike mode, hisses real loud and even shook it's tail like a rattlesnake. It was pretty weird. Teresa called animal control who promptly showed up and told us, "Aw, it's just a Blow snake. They eat mice and rats. You probably want to keep it in the yard, don't you?" Uh, no. I picked up a dead mouse this afternoon that the cat had killed, so we're OK in that area. The officer dude who picked it up with his little tong things (as it hissed at him) said he had just grabbed one that was about 4 times as big. Well, if we get one that big the cats, not the mice, will start disappearing. Wait a minute, maybe I should call him back...

2 comments:

Wilson Clan said...

You should be calling Kurtis. He's a blow snake catchin fool :) Nasty

Wilson Clan said...

This is Ty, by the way