Thursday, January 15, 2009

Another Couple Hours


Ken and I had to go to Magleby's to pick up a sculpture and Doc makes sure that we eat when we are there. So we both had the black bean soup and a sandwich. Holy cow that soup was good! Spicy, too. The sandwiches were fine and all, but it was the chocolate cake that did us in!!! Man, they give you in essence 4 pieces and that stuff is thick and dense and with 3 scoops of ice cream and raspberry sauce. Low fat and cholesterol free, no doubt. We both had a few bites and brought it back home. I was dumb enough to get an extra order to bring home. The container of cake weighed 5 pounds! But, and most importantly, my wife was happy.
I have spent another 2 hours on my drawing. I am working from a photo- John's high school graduation photo from 1988 to be exact. Can you tell by his look how much he enjoyed high school? This is my mother's favorite picture of him ever.
While drawing I listen to music and Alan Parson's Time came on. That is a magical song because it is the song that in 1981 I asked my future wife to dance for the first time. Special and precious, I know.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Alan Parsons? Man, that's terrific... there's just not enough people around referencing him our his "project". Don't know if you go back and look at comments from old posts, but I hope all is well!