Saturday, January 31, 2009

Cholesterol Check

I was picking up some pills for my mother the other day at Costco when I noticed they had a sign up for a free cholesterol checkup today. So, I have been looking forward to it and asked my wife to come with me (she has never had hers tested). After a major sample buffet of all kinds of deliciousness throughout the store, we stopped over for the test. Teresa was up first and they were having a tough time getting her finger to bleed! I sat next to her and had mine poked and drained. Well, my overall number was down another 50 points to 127. But, my good cholesterol number is lower than it should be. I asked what I need to do and was told "exercise", uh do it, "eat more fiber" mmm, I eat 145% of my daily need before I leave the house in the morning and unless I want to lose total control of myself I probably shouldn't eat much more, "fish oil pills" do it. Huh, you're screwed. So, I guess the next thing is niacin. And a bacon wrapped steak, fries, Ding Dongs, AND chocolate cake.
Oh, Teresa's wasn't too bad, but we are not supposed to bring it up ever again after today.

Pass the butter.

2 comments:

Ty Lyman said...

LOL You know I've been denied giving Plasma because mine was going through the roof. I was asked if I eat butter popsicles. So What if I do, I love my butter, sour cream and cheese cakes....among other things right now. Apparently you don't have to be fat to have high or low cholersterol. I think it's great that you guys did this.

Chris said...

There's a lack of male LDS bloggers in the world today, so it's a welcome sight to see you on here and, from the looks of it, doing well. (Cindy stalked you, I'm afraid. She's really quite good at that... kinda creepy but highly useful.)